Special educational needs and disability (SEND)
From September 2014, all maintained schools and academies have a legal obligation to publish an annually reviewed Special Educational Needs Information Report.
The purpose of this report is to give information about how the school implements the Special Educational Needs Policy.
Our SENDCo is Mr G Trotter, he can be contacted via telephone 01604 931130 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
As an inclusive school we do not seek to closely define the special educational needs for which we will make provision.
In admitting pupils with special educational needs we would expect to have informative discussions with both the pupil’s family and the local authority (who maintain our admissions) to ascertain the suitability of our provision.
Initially, we will take on the responsibility to make provision for a pupil with special educational needs through the school’s devolved SEND budget.
Thereafter, we would apply for High Needs Funding if the pupil’s and the school’s needs make that a necessity.
Where pupils whose needs and/or demands are significant, severe or profound (to the extent where a place in a special school may be considered most appropriate) it would be difficult for us to provide suitable provision. In such cases, we would make a careful assessment of the needs of each pupil in constructive conversation with other agencies to ensure that the child is provided with the best possible support for their needs.
Our school's policies for:
- Identifying children and young people with SEND and assessing their needs
- Our school’s arrangements for assessing and reviewing children and young people’s progress towards outcomes.
- Our approach to teaching children and young people with SEND
- How adaptations are made to the curriculum and learning environment of children and young people with SEND
- How our school evaluates the effectiveness of its provision for children and young people with SEND.